Crewing Manager – Team Leader
JOB ID: 95
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
POSTED: 2017-10-27 07:10:49
Our client, a very well-established Shipping Company, is presently on the lookout for a Crewing Manager to lead a crewing team and to supervise a significant pool of vessels from Singapore.
- To ensure crewing’s team work is done correctly
- To review every deviation request coming from his/her team
- To take proactive decision concerning the manning agency
- To manage an assigned crewing operations team.
- To strictly follow all company procedures, guidelines and mandatory regulations and any special requests from the Client.
- To ensure there is a long-term crew relief plan in place.
- To approve senior officers proposed by the agency subject to their suitability.
- To approve Junior Officers and ratings proposed by the third party agency in any case and by the owned agency in case of exemption
- To manage vessels’ safe manning crew complement basis the approval and agreement with the Client, including reduced crew headcount upon obtaining by the Client all necessary exemptions.
- To monitor the vessel’s visit report
- To check and validate the vessel planning prepared by local recruitment and placement providers, taking into account end of contract date, contract duration, convenient port planning, length of hand over (if any) crew nationality, stability and continuity of officers on board.
- To review proposed seafarers and, prior approving them in the system, verify their compliance with mandatory requirements including the crew documentation and training required for a specific rank.
- To approve promotion recommendation for junior officers and ratings.
- To monitor the status of a debriefing results of seafarers with serious issues and / or requiring a special attention.
- To approve mustering costs if required.
- To approve shorthand bonus if required.
- To sign SEA if required.
- To act as a Thomas assessor, if certified.
- To act as a certified internal auditor, if certified.
- To set the department’s monthly KPIs, weekly and daily report in conjunction with the Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Crewing Operations
- Deck Officer background will be preferable but not essential
- Proven Management Team experience for a reputable Shipping Company
- Priority will be given to candidates already based in Singapore
- High Organization Skills and Pro-activeness are specially required for the role
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English