JOB ID: 97
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract
POSTED: 2017-11-17 04:11:36
We are currently looking for a Fabrication Engineer (4 months’ contract - Rotation bases 4W-1W) to join an EPCI Project in Malaysia/Vietnam.
- Make calculations and basic designs of complete systems or components of a system.
- Responsible for structural design of Operating, Lifting & Transportation conditions.
- Responsible for the detailed design report with relevant connection design to include.
- Review and assess of both internal and external calculations and designs.
- Make specification review for the client specifications and countries standard documents.
- Prepare BOD (Basis of Design) for the Structural inputs considered for design.
- Be the single point of contact of appointed fabrication subcontractors
- Ensure that Free Issued Items are delivered on time at Fabrication Subcontractor Premises Provide technical support or participate with the construction team.
- Provide cost effective solutions for the site problems.
- After delivery of the system, participate in meetings for any troubleshooting actions that may be require.
- Responsible for checking engineering documentation of the structural design and drawings. Takes ownership of design and decides on details where required.
- Taking ownership of model reviews both internal and external.
- Responsible for the Structural specification detailed review and its input to work on the structural design calculation and report preparation.
- Handling structural design changes in piping and equipment lay-outs due to client comments
- Participate in project Kick off and close-out meeting.
- Follow up Subcontractors at site and ensure regular meetings are chaired by him in order to meet HSE, Quality, Budget and Schedule targets.
- Coordinate with Company HSE, Quality, Welding, Logistic and Engineering departments in order to ensure resources are deployed as needed and as per given procedures and Test Plans.
- 4 - 6 years of relevant work experience
- BE/BTech or ME/MTech in Civil / Structural
- Structural analysis and design capability Steel connection design in Eurocode, America and British code.
- Well versed with codes IS, AISC, API, DNV and NORSOK.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer / IT Skills (Windows and MS Office, Navision, Sunbird)