Fleet Superintendent (OSV)
JOB ID: 92
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
POSTED: 2017-09-19 15:09:41
Our client is a well-established Offshore Operator Singapore based who is presently on the lookout for a polyvalent Fleet Superintendent to manage HSE, Operations and some technical (when required) for an OSV fleet based in SE Asia.
- Ensure all operational shipboard safety and environmental practices are carried out in accordance with international regulations and Company procedures.
- Oversee the process of corrective action with respect to non-conformities that have been raised on the fleets’ vessels.
- Ensure that the safety and environmental training needs of all subordinate staff are identified and properly met.
- Act part of the Internal Audit Team conduct internal audits as and when required by the HSEQ MS
- Provide assistance as requested by the HSEQ Manager to establish the root cause in an incident and/or accident investigation.
- Efficient operation of vessels with investigation and reporting of any unplanned downtime.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager and Technical Manager to ensure availability of the vessels for all Class surveys.
- Regularly visit vessels and conduct inspections.
- To keep line management regularly updated on your fleet operations
- Report to external parties on Operations issues when necessary and appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing Master’s reviews and providing feedback to the vessels.
- Meet Marine suppliers and clients and represent the Company at meetings with same when requested.
- Provide support to the chartering department when preparing tender documents particularly with regards to vessel specifications and capabilities.
- Contribute to any Insurance claims and liaise as appropriate with the client and Underwriters' representatives throughout the claim process.
- Coordinate with the Crewing Departments with regards to crew changes and crew qualification requirements.
- Responsible for conducting interviews for senior officers
- To identify training requirements for crew within your fleet.
- Provide in-house/on the job training for crew as and when required
- Through close and cooperative liaison with the Technical personnel responsible for your designated Fleet ensure the repair of all reported deficiencies, damages and non-conformities are cleared with minimal delays.
- Ex Deck Officer (COC Class I or II) on board OSVs
- At least 2-3 years’ experience on a shore based superintendent role.
- Experienced trainer and Qualified internal auditor
- English and Bahasa language skills to communicate with the Crew and Agents