Rig Technical Superintendent
JOB ID: 93
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
POSTED: 2017-09-25 04:09:00
Our client is a well-known European integrated energy company operating a fleet of oil rigs in Asia and they are now looking for a Technical Superintendent to join the Technical team in Singapore and to supervise the Technical Management of the APAC assets.
- Monitor daily drilling activities in view of optimizing procedures and equipment in order to improve the overall efficiency.
- Review equipment requirements in light of current technology and regulatory requirements and to make recommendations accordingly.
- Responsible for reviewing and optimizing on technical equipment and systems.
- Co-ordinate the in-house planned maintenance by collecting and reviewing monthly reports and keeping current log of maintenance activities, and maintain the system.
- Ensuring that IFS/Maintenance is incorporated in projects and other tasks where information is important in relation to equipment history and maintenance planning.
- Monitor and control subcontractor’s workshop repairs and the refurbishment of the rig equipment.
- Co-ordinate all technical projects such as new equipment installation, upgrades, modifications.
- Communication towards Class Society incl. planning and execution of classification surveys.
- Daily communication with the Technical Team offshore, the onshore Rig Team and HQ Asset Team.
- The supervision and general responsibility towards the department for the co-ordination of the in-house planned maintenance system and of any technical projects.
- Works under the direction of the Rig Manager. Authority will normally be restricted to matters of routine administration within standard procedures.
- You have a Marine or Mechanical Engineer Degree
- 3 to 5 years of experience within international offshore work project management or on board a Rig oil on a similar position.
- You are conversant with safety, health and environmental management principles, and good knowledge to computer based maintenance systems.
- You have a strong focus on results, and work independently and with a logical approach to problem solving.
- Singapore based candidates will be considered in priority for the role.