Senior Crewing Executive – Assistant Crewing Manager
JOB ID: 96
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
POSTED: 2017-11-17 01:11:13
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Crew Executive to strengthen the crewing department of a well-established shipowner in Singapore. Candidates with a good potential can be quickly promoted Assistant Crewing Manager.
- To strictly follow all company procedures, guidelines and mandatory regulations.
- Check and validate the vessel planning made by crewing or manning agencies, taking into account end of contract date, ports of call, nationality of the crew member, duration of contract, stability of the officers on the vessels; etc.
- Each month, as part of the review of the planning forecast report, ensure that handovers/familiarisation are appropriately organized.
- In a situation of crisis/emergency, propose a replacement for review by the management.
- To review the proposed seafarers and give instructions for the day of crew changes (day/port/number of day) to the Local Recruitment and placement providers and validate the trainings required for the grade.
- Ensure coordination between planning and training is in accordance with the Company needs.
- To verify the skills (training, assessments, appraisals, experience, skill booklets) of the seafarers proposed and scheduled by the Local Recruitment and placement providers and validate the planning.
- Check and ensure that the Local Recruitment and placement providers update the company database accurately and in a timely manner.
- In charge of the communication with vessels and superintendents for crewing issues.
- Check that all medical examinations of the Singapore seafarers are in compliance with the STCW/MLC/Clients requirements and the database updated accordingly.
- Ensures that on client’s recommendation, formalize the decision together with the Management to remove a seafarer from the pool, all in accordance with due process, contractual obligations, all crewing and grievance procedures and that the database is updated.
- Debriefing the seafarers who had serious issues and special demands - Follow up with the Local recruitment and placement providers of the seafarers with serious issues and special demands.
- Reviews all reports received and where necessary notify appropriate persons / take appropriate action.
- Ensure that Riding squad members/any additional seafarers are in compliance with client request and appropriately reported for invoicing.
- Provide diplomatic support and guidance on crew welfare matters.
- Monitor that the vessel’s manning levels are in compliance with relevant international and Flag State legislation, Union agreements, in consultation with the Management.
- To check that crew appraisal reports are well completed and updated in the database and inform your Management of any deficiencies.
- Ensure that the database is updated when a seafarer leaves the company.
- Ensure that appointments of Officer Cadets are in accordance with the decisions made by the Management committee.
- To ably assume crewing/planning responsibilities of your management in absence of same.
- To ensure that your Direct Management is always kept updated and fully informed in all exceptional cases
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Organised/Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in the Shipping Industry as a Seafarer or in a Crewing Department.
- Diploma in Maritime Studies/Degree is Maritime or Nautical
- Good knowledge of Mandatory STCW certification requirements.
- Good knowledge of Flag administration requirements
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word and power point
- Knowledge of MAPS & ALICIA applications (subjective)